Search This Blog

Saturday 12 November 2011

Ancient Stones


Another dream… 

It was a beautiful place on top of a hill. I don’t remember seeing such a place anywhere. The top of the hill had some concrete space, made of ancient stones. The small concrete space was triangular. The concrete sides had no proper definition losing itself to the grass and the nature nearby, which showed the gradual wearing away by time. At the apex, almost at the tip of the hill, at one of the vertex of the triangular concrete, was a small structure made of the same ancient rock as the concrete floor. The structure was like a small replica of the tower forts of which we hear in fairy-tales.

Suddenly, the environment became so inspiring to me. There was a guy with a camera standing near me. The camera was a big professional one. I borrowed his camera for a few clicks. One picture I took was of the surrounding hills, all green – different shades of green, and the amazing blue of the sky, no clouds in the frame. Another picture I clicked was of the small tower-like structure. I took a picture of the structure from such an angle that it actually seemed like a big and tall tower. For taking the same, I had to lie down straight facing the dusty surface to get the perfect angle for the click. And indeed, the picture came out as I expected. The small structure became a huge grey-brown tower (in the picture) in the backdrop of the lush green surrounding mountains and the ‘very’ blue sky. For a moment, I felt like Saurabh Pande, my photographer friend. In fact, I think he was the one I took the camera from.

Well, we came down the hill. We were around fifteen guys and girls. Midway before reaching the foothill, there was a small clearing which hosted a small temple. The temple was made of the same ancient grey-brown stone. Some of us decided to go there. We were all hoping that whatever we would pray for in that ancient temple would be fulfilled. Along with me, Apurva Borle, Rashmi Vats and a few unknown faces came. The ancient temple seemed small from the outside, and its width and length were small. But it had several, around seven, storeys(UK)/stories(US) underground. We went down to the second or third floor (counting from the top floor). It was a tiny room and hence very congested. We were sitting facing the statue. The statue was of a small black Shiva-lingam and a small black cobra.

Those who were sitting included me; Apurva and her mom; Rashmi and her mom; some girl who was my friend (in the dream) and her mom. The suddenly, the girl who’s name I don’t know complained that her mom was having problems breathing and that she needed her emergency medicine. So, I and Apurva ran out of the temple to the hill-top where we found a chemist shop (which I did not notice before). From the chemist, we got an ointment. I’m not exactly sure which one but it was either of the two: Clindamycin crème (an antibiotic ointment) or Xylocaine gel (a local anesthetic gel). Yea, it was a dream and obviously I wasn’t wondering how those stuffs were to cure a breathing difficulty. Having got the medicines, we went back to the temple and surprisingly, Rashmi took the crème/gel and applied it all over her eyes. And she went all like “Thank you so much. Thank you so much.” Rashmi’s happy and satisfied face was the last I saw of this dream. (Mom woke me up.)

Pretty cool, eh? ;)

2 comments:

  1. owww thanxxxx...m feeling completly privileged to be a part of this dream (ohh yeah along with ma mom).. yee yeee.. n the way u expressed the beauty of nature.. can easily imagine the scenery.. so beautiful.. keep writing.. <3

    P.S. it was as weird as dreams are meant to be.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks.. and you were the easiest to identify cuz as u were in yr signature style, the side long plaited hairs.. and thanks so much for the encouragement.. :D

    ReplyDelete