Search This Blog

Friday 11 November 2011

The Blue Bag


It was a weird dream. It was a series of happenings of which I remember one part clearly. It was a closed room with glazed wooden furnishing and brown painted walls. In the room, Sir Matthew was selling clothes, yea. Our university Professor was selling clothes. And those were second hand used clothes. And in my dream, I was thinking of the previous such cloth selling activity of Sir Matthew.

The room was full of my classmates. I clearly remember Purnamala and Sima. Though I’m not sure as of now, about the rest of the people in my dream, I faintly remember many of my classmates.

There were lots of clothes on sale. All of them were really stylish and in-vogue pieces. And each was priced at Rs. 100. I selected many for myself. Of those, I remember a denim short skirt, a denim jacket and a faded denim one-piece frock. Then there was this tidy region only for bags. From far, the collection seemed all cotton, the kinds which are my favorite. When I went nearer to choose some for my own, I found those were not the kinds I saw from before. But still, there were some very good looking and stylish bags. The first one I picked up as nice was light blue in color, of nylon kind of material giving it a shine, had a red ribbon kind of stuff near the top, was large with handles too short for my liking. I like bags with long handles. That being the reason why I discarded it for some other pink one with wooden handle. I would not have gotten any wooden handled bag in real, I don’t like them.

Oddly, Sima took up the blue bag for purchase. With the bag, she went to Sir Matthew for the billing. I was looking at them from region where the bags were placed. Sima and Sir were talking and in between she commented on something and the sentence had “dog” in it. I don exactly remember what the conversation was all about but I remember getting angry at Sima for using the word “dog”. I was angry because according to the “me in the dream”, Sima did not use such words usually and so she mustn’t be using it then as well. And the “me” in dream was also jealous of the blue bag Sima got. Its funny ‘cause I had already discarded it and now I suddenly want it ‘cause someone else has it.

Regretting at having lost the bag, I sadly went to the counter to pay for my purchases. I felt some sort of panic because I was not sure I had the required amount for payment. I had picked up the clothes thinking it was priced at Rs. 100 per piece. At the counter, I suddenly got to know that some of them were for Rs. 150. On top of that, I remembered that I had some payment left for the last purchase I made..?! Thank God I opened my eyes then. Those feelings of panic and confusion were definitely not nice.  

4 comments: